AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADS on Ubuntu

Question asked by viking on Jan 31, 2020

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to install ADS on Ubuntu 18.04 or any other Linux OS which is other than that recommended by Keysight?

I have tried this and installed the *.so library files when ADS complained about missing dependencies but while my install works, it's buggy.

How do I force ADS to load its library files from a particular directory? Where does ADS look for library files first?

How do I find which files ADS needs?

I'm thinking that the way to solve this problem is to provide ADS with its dependencies from a CentOS7 or Redhat 7 installation but I would also need to require ADS to load those files on startup.

I suspect that my root problem is that ADS is grabbing its dependencies from my Ubuntu OS and those dependencies are of the wrong version.

I am running ADS2017 ver 1.1 on Ubuntu 64 bit 18.04

Linux ******hostname***** 4.15.0-76-generic #86-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 17 17:24:28 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Also, has anyone gotten ADS to run from a Docker container? I tried this but could not get ADS to find the license from within the container and its license app crashed under Docker with CentOS7.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Phil

Outcomes