AnsweredAssumed Answered

CPW port definition ADS momentum

Question asked by UsmanSadiq on May 14, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2014 by volker_muehlhaus
Hello, I am new to ADS momentum . I am just simulating  a simple CPW line in ADS 2014 . It is on 0.3 mm GaAS (Er 12.9) substrate and Signal line width is 0.08mm and gap is 0.03mm.Simulation frequency is 1-40GHz.
I don't understand how to assign the port to Ungrounded CPW in Momentum.I have tried using slot line but in slot you cannot give the metal thickness and it takes metal as perfect conductor. However I have to use copper as metal with finite thickness. In strip conductor mode I have tried using 4 ports in the configuration shown in figure attached but results are very different from what I am getting in HFSS. (which I am using for counter check) . In HFSS we excite mode from ground to signal of CPW .
I also get these warnings

*WARNING -------------------------------------------------------------------*
*The distance between the layout pins for port 1 is electrically large* 
*above 35.3541 GHz, S-parameters may become unphysical.*
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*--- WARNING -------------------------------------------------------------------*
*The size of the minus pin for S-parameter port 2 is electrically large* 
*above 23.4324 GHz, S-parameters may become unphysical.*
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*-- WARNING -------------------------------------------------------------------*
*The distance between the layout pins for port 2 is electrically large* 
*above 35.3541 GHz, S-parameters may become unphysical.*

Could any one help me on this? I will be very thankful.  

Attachments

Outcomes