DGT: Standard DiGiTizer mode.
TSR: Triggered Simultaneous acquisition and Readout.
CBx: Continuous Simultaneous Acquisition and Readout
CB0: digitizer streaming and recording (with 1 GS/s and 1.6 GS/s)
CB1: digital down-converter streaming and recording (with 1 GS/s)
CB2: digital down-converter streaming and recording (with 1.6 GS/s)
For more details about the CBx Options, click here:
Supported modes per digitizers
DGT option: Standard Acquisition (single or multi-records)
With this option, the readout of the data is performed after the acquisition has stopped.
The acquisition data rate supported is up to the maximum allowed by the digitizer.
Single record acquisition
Standard Acquisition and Readout
Standard Triggered Acquisition and Readout
M9710A, M9703B, M9709A, M9203A.
For all acquisition modes or options, the user can define:
- the record size
- the number of records
- a positive or negative trigger delay (as illustrated in the figure below)
- the trigger source: channel, external or software (or from the AXIe SYNC for M9703B, M9709A and M9710A)
Additional features depending on the digitizer:
- Acquisition Memory: The maximum number of sample that can be recorded depending on the digitizer model and accordingly to the selected on-board memory option.
- Interleaving: On digitizers with INT option, two channels can be interleaved doubling the sampling rate (INT option, available on M9203A, M9703B).
- External clock: The sampling rate can be tuned using an external clock reference (you can refer to product datasheet for supported frequency range).
- Decimation: lower sample rate can be achieves using programmable binary decimation. When enabling the decimation, the resulting sampling rate becomes:
Effective sampling rate= (Sampling rate)/(Decimation ratio)
With Decimation ratio=2^n
(Supported n values depend on the digitizer model; details about memory, supported effective sampling rates, etc. can be found in your digitizer user manual available on the product webpage.)
This introduction aims to provide you a first overview of the different acquisition modes. In the next post, we will talk about the TSR option: Triggered Simultaneous Acquisition and Readout.
Keysight related products:
For more information about our AXie and PXie solutions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.