W1720EP Phased Array Beamforming Kit is a new add-on software simulation for the SystemVue 2016.08 design environment. Keysight EEsof EDA’s W1720EP Phased Array Beamforming Kit overcomes two key challenges facing Active electronically scanned array (AESA) systems:
- Engineers can easily model highly parallel architectures across multiple simulation domains, including nonlinear RF simulation, as well as a dataflow system level. This allows multiple teams to use the same tool and make architectural trade-offs not previously possible.
- Engineers can also model the signals as single beams, or maintain access to the individual signals passing through the arrays. This enables multi-function, 3D conformal arrays to be validated in higher-level system scenarios using active signaling between multiple transmitters and receivers.
Who should use the W1720 Phased Array Beamforming Kit?
In typical R&D organizations, many engineering disciplines are required in phased array subsystem design. The SystemVue Phased Array Beamforming Kit allows RF and baseband teams to use a model-based engineering approach across disciplines. This enables them to perform early R&D validation of phased array system architectures, components and beamforming algorithms, and then continue into hardware test.
– System architects can integrate design information from multiple diverse teams, along with test waveforms, to produce winning architectures and proposals
– Algorithm and beamforming designers can include RF design information, for more realistic accuracy
– RF system architects can directly observe the effects of their RF arrays on high-level beam-level measurements, such as beamwidth, sidelobe levels & nulls, effective radiated power (ERP), and Gain/Temperature (G/T)
– System Verifiers can validate scenario-level performance under a range of conditions, as well as automate regression suites, and link to high performance test and measurement equipment
For more detailed application information, refer to: